–If a person adds a product to a shopping basket but then leaves the website, which of the following tactics is most likely to encourage that person to return and purchase the product?–
–Retargeting with a display ad encouraging newsletter sign-up–
–Redesigning your website–
–Retargeting with a display ad that has a discount coupon–
–Creating a Facebook page for your business–
- Charles is thinking about taking his business online. He has many questions, but first he wants to understand what benefits data can have in online marketing. He needs some advice. What are the benefits of data in online marketing?
- Colin has been running a film review website for his podcasts for the past two years. He’d like to start advertising his site to increase the number of subscribers. To do that he wants to contact some media owners. Who do you think Colin should contact?
- Colin is getting a lot of traffic to his podcast website, but not many subscribers. He has budget to design three display ads to encourage people back to his website to subscribe. Colin came up with a list of target groups that he’d like reach with his ads. Help him to cross off the two least useful target groups from his list.
- Eric is optimising his fruit and veg website for SEO and would like to improve his ‘long tail’ keywords. Which of these sets of words contains an example of long tail keywords?
- Esmeralda owns a bike shop and wants to make her website interesting for local customers. She’s currently planning blog content that will help her show up on searches for local shops. She’s had an idea for a post about famous cyclists and one about popular bike trails in the area. Which one do you think Esmeralda should start with?
- “Because online attention spans are shorter, a great hook or opening sentence is important to draw people in.” What is this a best practice example of?
- Before Running Search Ads, You Should Make Sure Your Site Is Mobile-Friendly. Which Scenario Best Describes A Mobile-Friendly Experience For A Customer?
- Before starting to promote products to other countries online, what could you use to gauge demand for your product in that specific market?
- Fill in the blank: When considering expanding a business internationally, the best place to start is to__________?
- Holly owns a dance studio. To improve sales of dance classes, she is reviewing how her marketing team could update the company’s online presence. As part of the rebrand, the team listened to customer feedback and mapped customer journeys. They identified two things online customers generally struggled with: navigating the website and finding the business’s contact information. Which of the brand’s touchpoints should Holly modify to help address her customer’s feedback?
- How can you improve a business’s visibility to people located near you geographically?
- Digital Marketing Isn’t Just About Selling Your Products Internationally. It Can Be Used To Great Effect For Local Businesses. What Do We Mean By ‘Local Businesses’?
- Fill In The Blank: Actionable Insights Can Be Described As Explaining The ______ Of An Online Marketing Campaign.
- Fill In The Blank: A __________ Is A Shortcut To Other Pages On Your Site Or Elsewhere On The Web.
- Fill In The Blank: As A Small Business, Creating Videos To Showcase Your Business Or Product Requires Only ______.
- Fill in the blank: businesses should focus on social media platforms with _______.
- Fill In The Blank: If An Ad Is Not Performing Well, One Effective Tactic Is To _____________.
- Fill in the blank: if you use __________ keywords when building your search ads, minor variations, like plurals, can still trigger the ad.
- Fill In The Blank: It’s Possible To Determine How Well A/An ___________ Will Perform Without Bidding On It.
- Fill In The Blank: Spending Money On Search Advertising Influences How Your Website Appears In ___________.
- Fill In The Blank: Website Analytics Can Tell You _____________.
- Fill in the blank: when describing the purpose of content, what is missing? ‘to entertain, to inspire, to _______ and to convince’.
- Jo has noticed that some of her customers leave her site without making a purchase. She’s set up some product retargeting ads, and wants to measure the performance of her campaign. What parameters should she look at to see if she’s attracting potential customers?
- Josh, an interior designer, has decided to create blog posts and share them on social media to promote his new business. He’s made a list of all of the things he should remember when writing – however, not all points on his list are correct. Can you help him identify the points that are correct on this list?
- Jo wants to create a fully functional online store. Can you check which of the following features are available in most fully functional online stores?
- Justin is studying his food blog’s analytics. He notices that most people give up on his videos after 60 seconds. He’s brainstormed a list of fixes. Cross out the ones that you think are wrong.
- Justin wants to do more video advertising. He knows his blog audience likes cooking at home, TV shows featuring famous chefs and cooking demo videos. Which keywords should he choose for the Google Ads programme?
- Lily is keen to use analytics to evaluate the results of her social media campaigns. Analytics can help with this question. Can you help her by crossing off the things that analytics won’t be able to help her with?
- Lily runs a vintage clothing company. She’s set up an Instagram and a Facebook page, and has gained some followers by putting a sign up in her shop. What can Lily do to keep these followers and encourage others?
- Linda runs a guesthouse. She wants to use analytics to measure traffic coming to her website from organic search results. What can she learn from analytics reports?
- Marcela opened her first café in 2008 and now runs four others across Dublin. Many of her staff work remotely using laptops, phones and other devices. She’s keen to set up a mobile device management policy to ensure important business information is kept secure. Which of these should she include in her new policy?
- Matt needs to make sure his website is suitable for his Portuguese customers. He’s made a list of translation and localisation tasks. Which items on his list relate to localisation?
- Michelle is writing her search ad for her wedding photography business. She wants to make sure it stands out. Which of these text statements would work best as an ad?
- Mo has a plumbing business. He’s noticed that other service companies publish short videos to show off their expertise, products, and how they do things. This engages their customers and drives interest in their services. To help customers with common plumbing problems, he wants to create a Do-It-Yourself video on his website. How long should he make his video?
- Mo is keen to advertise his plumbing business. He needs to find the display advert design that will display optimally on a large smartphone device, as that’s what most of his customers use. Which of the designs would work best on smartphones?
- Mo’s a plumber with a responsive website. He wants to make sure he’s using the right keywords for his mobile SEO. Which online tool could help him identify which keywords would be most effective?
- Organic search results appear when someone makes a search using a search engine. They aren’t paid for by businesses and they aren’t adverts. Which of the images shows the organic search results from this particular search?
- Patrick owns a few bike rental outlets across London. A few months back, he decided to invest in an online booking system and some other software to help his business run more smoothly. Recently though, he suspects there might have been a potential online security breach. What steps should he take to make his online business safer?
- Phil has limited technical knowledge but he wants to create an app to simplify the booking process for his customers. It’s important to select the right approach when making an app. Which of the following routes would you not recommend to Phil?
- Ryan has written some KPIs to help his fitness centres achieve the business goal of “improving overall client satisfaction”. Review these four KPIs. Which do you think fit the criteria of being specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound?
- How can you improve a business’s visibility to people located near you geographically?
- Seth is opening a coffee shop and is looking to attract new customers. Take a look at the list of benefits Seth sees in using search engines. One statement is not true. Can you cross it out?
- Seth’s coffee shop is unique – it has an outside roof terrace and a library area so customers can read while they sip. He also sells rare coffee beans imported from Peru. What are a few techniques he could use to make his website more relevant to its desired users?
- Seth would like to make sure as many interested customers as possible are seeing his business’s website displayed in their search results. What are a few things he could pay attention to in order to achieve this?
- Steph is thinking about using an email marketing service to help her send out marketing emails for her pet supplies store. What benefits are there to using an email marketing service?
- Steph runs an online pet supplies shop, and she has some ideas about how email marketing can help her business. Two of her ideas are correct and two are not. Can you weed out the wrong ones?
- How can you take advantage of video for your product/services without actually making a video?
- To increase her Quality Score, Michelle is thinking about the best keywords and phrases to use. Cross off the keywords which she shouldn’t use.
- To make the homepage of her local bakery website interesting, Addie wants to add some media elements to it. Different elements will cause the page to take longer to load, so she needs to get the right mix for the site. Can you put the following elements in order from the ones with the longest load time to the shortest?
- To maximise the hits on his website, Colin wants to target two different audiences using both display ads and search advertising. His two target audiences include cinema-goers and home movie watchers. Which type of approach would work for each audience?