–The primary reason it is a good idea to use YouTube Live vs. Google Chat for professional development sessions is:–
–More people can be invited with YouTube Live.–
–Google Chat are limited in time, whereas YouTube Live is not.–
–YouTube Live is recorded and can be shared on YouTube.–
–The design interface is more functional with YouTube Live.–
- A student taking his device home tells you he doesn’t have connectivity in his house to write his assignment. You explain that:
- A teacher wants her students to provide honest but constructive feedback to their peers regarding their performance in a theater production rehearsal. Which Form settings should she avoid if she wants to keep feedback anonymous? (Select all that apply)
- By going to the GPfE store and looking at the app badges, you can tell that the app: (Select all that apply.)
- By signing into Chrome, which of the following can be synced to the browser? (Select all that apply.)
- Chris uses the Find a time feature in Google Calendar to schedule a meeting with his two colleagues Dave and Lisa. His original plan was to meet at 11:00am for an hour, but as he looks at their shared calendars he can see that neither Dave nor Lisa are available at that time. What feature could he use to select a time that works for everyone?
- Classroom teachers have a lot of files saved on their own computers and are unsure about Google Drive. Which features of Drive do you think are most important to help ease their nerves? (Select all that apply.)
- Collaboration digitally can be difficult, what steps can you take to help students be more successful during collaborative activities? (Select all that apply.)
- Compare how cyberbullying is the same as more traditional bullying in schools. Which of the following is a FALSE comparison?
- Comparing the line graph and pie chart feature set, which of the following is accurate for both? (Select all that apply.)
- Extensions are best defined as:
- Finding and sharing online resources is an ongoing effort to keep curriculum fresh and interesting. YouTube is a great option for finding new content, but some educators worry about searching for videos during class because it wastes time and inappropriate content might show up. Select the benefits of using a YouTube channel and playlists to address these concerns: (Select all that apply.)
- For each assignment in Google Classroom students must attach a file or link in order for the assignment to be marked as “Done.”
- Getting feedback and input from the public is important in giving students a voice. Some tools are much better to use in this case than others. Which of the following can be used for audience participation? (Select all that apply.)
- Google Earth can be used in literary lessons to: (Select all that apply.)
- Google Forms are most helpful in which types of tasks?
- Google Meet is a great option for holding synchronous discussions, but there are other tools, too. Consider Google Classroom, Chat, and Google Groups. Place them in order from most to least effective when trying to hold synchronous discussions.
- Google Scholar catalogs research by: (Select all that apply)
- Google Tasks integrate well with which other apps? Select all that apply.
- Google Translate is: (Select all that apply)
- Google Trends would help student learn…
- G Suite for Education offers which benefits to educators? (Select all that apply.)
- How can you join a Google Meet? (Select all that apply)
- If you have a student who is a second language learner – whose parents only speak their primary language at home – and needs special interventions because they are struggling in your class, you will want to use ________ in ________ to communicate the necessary intervention steps with their parents.
- If you want to advise simple changes to student work (such as adding a comma) but do not want to directly edit the document, you could take advantage of this feature in Docs:
- If you want to contribute your expertise to a community of educators doing similar tasks as you, which of the following would you use? (Select all that apply.)
- In the new version of Google Calendar, which ways are there to view a calendar? (Select all that apply.)
- Lisa is in a Hangout with Chris. During the video call she decides she would like to include more colleagues. In which ways can Lisa ask others to join the Hangout? (Select all that apply)
- Mr. Garcia found a channel with content continually relevant to his curriculum. What YouTube features should he use to be notified when new content is uploaded to that channel?
- Mr. Jones has been talking with you about personalizing his classroom more using a blended model. He is arguing that creating a HyperDoc on a Google Doc is a better way to do this than a Google Site. Why would he say this? (Select all that apply.)
- Mr. Menon answers the same questions via email over and over from parents at the beginning over every school year. How might Mr. Menon become more efficient in his communications within Gmail?
- Mrs. Jones is a seventh-grade teacher who is focused on making sure her students are doing everything they can to be safe and secure online. They go to the computer lab each week and do a lot of web browsing on sites that she’s gathered links for on a shared Google Doc. Students add their own notes and comments below each link as they do their research. They can also add new resources as they find them on the Internet. Which of the following contemporary skills is Mrs. Jones developing in her students? (Select all that apply.)
- Mrs. Michaud wants to share the results with another teacher, but not allow the teacher to alter the data. Which of these choices allow this? (Select all that apply.)
- Mrs. Raney, a high school teacher, has assigned her English II students a collaborative research project on American authors. Her students are very active in extracurricular activities and struggle with finding time to work together after school. Which tool would help her students collaborate outside of class? (Select all that apply.)
- Normally the internet is quite speedy at your school, but it has been slow for a week, and other teachers are starting to complain about the technology resources not being reliable. You know how engaged students are when you use video in your class, and you don’t want other teachers to give up on YouTube. You decide to send out a quick email to your colleagues with a couple tips on _______________.
- Of the following, which primarily refers to individuals? (Select all that apply.)
- One way to use Google Classroom to flip your classroom is by:
- On your newly created calendar, add an event for a meeting that you will have tomorrow at 1:00pm. How can you invite someone else to the event?
- Parents are looking for guidance on what to tell their children about being safe online. If you could give three simple tips that underlie everything, what would they be? (Select all that apply.)
- Project-Based Learning or PBL involves which major concepts? (Select all that apply.)
- Rather than just reading about a location in a textbook, a great tool to help visualize a location and consider its impact on history would be:
- Since Google, and Google Drive, are internet enabled apps, there is no way to access your Google Drive files when your computer does not have access to the internet.
- Student panel discussions are one way to raise awareness about cyberbullying and how to cope with it. What makes these types of events so powerful?
- Students are going to be working on a project together. How can they add collaborators to their Google Doc? (Select all that apply.)
- Student selected projects provide autonomy and agency over their learning.
- Teachers can assign Assignments to multiple classes in Classroom.
- Teachers in your school have complained about a one-size-fits-all model of training that has been used in your district for years. They would like to personalize the professional learning that goes on in school. Which of the following models provides the most relevant and timely support to teachers on an individual basis when they need it:
- How do GMS certified devices differ from those that are Android Enterprise Recommended? Select all answers that apply, then submit.
- How do you calculate an Ad’s Click-Through Rate (CTR)?
- How might you know if you are increasing your subscriber watch time?
- How would you know whether a new video series has a high audience retention rate?