–Your coworker recently tested two different subject lines to see how they would impact the open rate of her most recent email send. She excitedly tells you that the first subject line won the test. How should you respond?–
–Was the confidence level of the results 99%? Otherwise, it’s not statistically significant.–
–Nice! Send an email to the team and let them know to use your findings on all emails going forward.–
–It only matters if you get the same result on three different email sends.–
–Did you make sure you sent the email to enough contacts?—
- You’re analyzing the performance of your social channels and you notice that Facebook consistently outperforms your Twitter and LinkedIn page. What should you do next?
- Your contact database will naturally decay over time. Which strategy would be considered an inbound approach to replenishing your database?
- Your co-worker has created a list of all the leads who have not visited your blog in the last 90 days. What should your company do with these leads?
- Your company wants to start using a contact database to track, store and surface information about the people who interact with your business. They’ve asked you to do some research to find the best option to use. All of these should be on your checklist of required features for a good contact database EXCEPT:
- Your company recently created a weekly email newsletter and already has 1,000 subscribers. You want to run an experiment to improve engagement with the emails, so your coworker suggests using the PIE framework. How will the PIE framework help you optimize your newsletter?
- Your company has created a workflow that sends a webinar invitation to all of their contacts in a specific industry. Is that invitation a behavioral email?
- Your colleague Shane wants to add contextual marketing to all of your company’s landing pages by the end of this month. You respond by telling Shane that this isn’t a recommended approach because:
- Your colleague Jana would like to add a personalization token to a landing page that offers “10 Tips to Generate More Leads.” She would like to add the Company Name property in order to connect with the user, showing that this ebook would be helpful to the individual’s company. How would you respond to Jana?
- Your colleague Jana is building a campaign around the longtail keyword “landing page optimization services,” which is a service your company provides. What kind of segmentation should you use to add contextual marketing in order to help Jana have more of an impact on visitors?
- Your buyer needs more time to purchase the product you’re selling. How should you respond to the buyer’s needs with an inbound sales approach?
- Your boss wants to calculate the ROI of email marketing as a channel. All of these are required inputs for tracking the ROI of your email marketing EXCEPT:
- Your boss, Sam, has approved for you to conduct a usability test on your company’s website. Your next step is to design the test. All of the following are important for the test’s success EXCEPT:
- Your boss wants a report on the success of your blog. What information should you NOT analyze?
- Your boss asks you to do some reporting on your email performance from last quarter. Which email metric can you ignore?
- Your boss asks you to report on how your content campaign has contributed to his lead generation goals. What metric do you report on to demonstrate its contribution?
- Your agency finds that you’re continuously being pulled into implementing updates on the website, leaving no time for proactive continuous improvement. The client is open to learning the skills and tools required to make the updates. However, they have no idea what they should learn. Which of the following should be done to help the client start taking over all updates on the website?
- You open a connect call with a target account like so, “Hi Ms. Prospect, this is John from Inbound Implementation. I saw a Huffington Post article naming your company as one of the top in your industry. Your strategy and growth are impressive. I work with companies like yours that are already doing well online, but are still struggling with converting traffic into more leads and sales. Does that sound familiar? Are you focused on lead generation?” What should you do to improve it for next time?
- You offer a free trial on your products page. Which of the following would be appropriate wording for the same offer on your blog CTA?
- You let your boss know that you want to start applying an inbound sales approach to the way you sell to your potential buyers. Your boss is onboard but says you still have to meet your cold call and cold email quota each day. How would you respond?
- You just landed your dream job as a content creator at a local startup. It’s your first week and your boss asks you to perform a content audit to get acquainted with the company’s collateral as well as organize it. Where might you start looking for content that already exists?
- You have one goal for your email, and your CTA should drive the reader toward that goal. In addition to your CTA button, how else can you link to your CTA?
- You explain the concept of smarketing meetings to your leadership team, and one person asks,“How often do we need to have these meetings?” How do you respond?
- You could use PieSync Health to see
- 10x and resource pillar pages are best used in which stages of the buyer’s journey?
- A/B testing is available in which HubSpot tools?
- A call-to-action button is also known as a
- According to Simon Sinek, people most care about
- According to The Five Stages of Sales Mastery and Behavior Change, which of the following should happen after the training session ends?
- According to the prioritization matrix, customer issues that are high impact and high cost should be prioritized
- A computer program that allows you to access and manage your email is the definition of what?
- A customer journey map is a representation of:
- A customer who recently purchased your product realizes that it’s not the right solution for the problem they were trying to solve. He would like to return the product. Which stage of the buyer’s journey is your customer in?
- After mapping out your customer journey, you realize you would like to know more about what your customers think after they purchased your product through a sales rep. The survey you should implement is:
- A _ is a series of automated actions that trigger based on a person’s behaviors or contact information.
- A lead views a specific page on your website, say, your case study page. You then send targeted follow-up content like one of your more popular case studies. This is an example of what type of email?
- All of following are appropriate ways you can encourage folks to fill out your feedback surveys EXCEPT:
- All of the following are examples of how you can export campaign data EXCEPT:
- All of the following are examples of on-page SEO best practices to consider when optimizing your pillar page EXCEPT:
- All of the following are examples of social selling EXCEPT:
- All of the following are examples of video in the delight stage of the inbound methodology EXCEPT:
- All of the following are part of the CGP, TCI, BA framework EXCEPT:
- All of the following are reasons to @ mention someone on a ticket record EXCEPT:
- All of the following are stages of troubleshooting EXCEPT:
- All of the following are things to do in a guest blog outreach email EXCEPT:
- All of the following are true about forms and lead flows EXCEPT:
- All of the following are true about inbound links EXCEPT:
- All of the following elements will help readers easily digest the content of a blog post EXCEPT:
- All of the following might be included in an ideal customer profile EXCEPT:
- All of the following people should be invited to attend smarketing meetings EXCEPT:
- A member of your marketing team wants to send a sales offer to your existing customers. How do you respond?